Skip to main content

6 Days to Salesforce Admin Certification - Day 2

Making sense of the chaos
Day 2
It was day 2 of the Six Days to Certification challenge, and I started the evening study session with an overabundance of confidence.  "I am the Trailhead Baby," I thought, "standard and custom objects are simple.  I can create a custom object with one hand while holding my bottle in the other.  Tonight will be easy!."  I soon discovered that I was sorely mistaken.  The quick evening turned into an all nighter, as I turned to Trailhead for several refresher modules.


Standard and Custom Objects (18%)

  • The positives:
    • Trailhead- Many helpful modules with fantastic in-depth information.  See- Data Modeling, App Customization Lite, UI Customization, Formulas and Validations
    • Certified on Demand - This tool was a huge help in identifying knowledge gaps!  For example, despite 50+ Trailhead Badges, I somehow overlooked the concept of record types.  
    • Trailhead Baby is an Admin Hero fan!
    • Admin Hero - This article provides a concise summary of the various types of fields and relationships. 
  • The negatives:
    • 18% of the test comes from "Standard and Custom Objects", so this category carries higher weight than any other on the Certification Exam.
    • I was up all night studying, so the warm June afternoon was spent napping instead of chasing my doggy.
        

Sales and Marketing Applications (9%)

  • Trailhead- Leads & Opportunities, Accounts & Contacts, Salesforce CPQ Basics, Marketing Cloud Basics
  • Trailhead Project- Build a Lemonade Stand App


    At the end of Day 2, I had a panic moment because there was too much to learn!  After a few moments and a small bottle of milk (Thank you Mom!), I stopped panicking and started planning.  What I needed was a review sheet - a guide that listed topics that were either unfamiliar or confusing.  The review sheet became my constant companion until the exam.  I added new topics and re-read several times a day.

     For example, a big source of confusion was the difference between "lookup" relationships and "master-detail" relationships.  I researched the topic on help.salesforce.com, watched a video from Certified on Demand and made notes. 
Sample Questions
Upon lead conversion, the following are automatically created (choose 3):
- Opportunity
- Account
- Quote
- Contact


At ACME School, you are the Salesforce Admin and are setting up the new Org.  Many of the children at ACME School take the bus to school.  You need to track which children take the Blue bus to school.  You have already created the custom object "Bus" and need to create a way to associate the custom object "Child."  You would use (choose 1):
- A master-detail relationship where "bus" is the parent.
- A master-detail relationship where "child" is the parent. 
- A lookup relationship on the "child" object. 
- A lookup relationship on the 'bus" object. 

For answers- highlight the area below:
Answers:  Lead Conversion (Opportunity, Account, Contact).  ACME School (A lookup relationship on the child object.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Process Automation Specialist Superbadge - 5

A project with Daddy: My favorite daily process! Making dinner for Mom! Tonight's challenge involves the creation of two processes.   Processes.  Have you guessed the theme of the photos that go along with the Trailhead - Process Automation Specialist Superbadge series?They are a few of my favorite day to day processes!  You, my amazing reader, get more than tips for a Salesforce Superbadge.  You also get personal insight into the life of a Trailhead Baby!  I hope that you feel inspired. Process Builder sketch Last night, I drew a rough sketch of my process: Was it pretty?  No. Did it help?  Yes! The sketch allowed me to organize all of the instructions into a reasonable order before I started clicking.  It also removed the approval steps from Process Builder and highlighted (with *'s) the prerequisite items to building my process. * Email Alerts I needed the Email Alerts set up before I could create either the process or ...

Einstein Analytics Data Preparation Specialist Superbadge - 1,2,3

Hello all! It's time for another superbadge! I started this superbadge a long time ago... it's time to finish it!  My goal is to complete this badge before my little brother starts to walk.  He's getting close... Step 1 - A quiz.  You're on your own! Step 2- This is one checkbox in setup.  You're on your own! Step 3- Let's talk about that.... Dataflow. The best tool to use when crafting your dataflow is the data monitor.  It can help troubleshoot issues to find which part of the process needs some work. For example.... Why were rows not created? The problem? A box was checked that should not be checked.... The alias name was not correct for the "register" node. Once you see that beautiful green "Success" message, it's time to check the challenge.  Do not be discouraged if you get a few error messages.  This superbadge is EXTREMELY picky on syntax.  A few common errors: You can see this error and st...

Security Superbadge -2

Challenge 2: Record-Level Security Settings I created the three user profiles last time, so the starting point tonight was the next tier of security - roles.  I set up the roles per the provided org chart, making sure to follow the opportunity restrictions from the directions. Next, I set up the required user and assigned her to the correct profile and role. Hint:   Use a real email address for Samantha Cordero.  You will need to login as Samantha in order to create an opportunity for her.  While you are at it, go ahead and login to Salesforce1 as Samantha. Once Salesforce1 is enabled, you can set up the appropriate permissions.  You may want to take take a peek at a Salesforce Knowledge Article .   Me - as a Project Manager. Next, I addressed the special role - Project Managers Project Managers require a role, permission set, and a  sharing rule.  Whew! For the final step, I set up the remaining sharing rules in     ...