Skip to main content

App Customization Specialist Superbadge - 1


Dear friends,
I would like to introduce you to the newest Trailblazer - my baby brother!  Isn’t he cute? Cuteness is about all he has going for him right now. He cries all of the time and is taking up most of my scheduled snuggle time with mom.  Oh well. Such is life. I suppose I’ll start on the newest superbadge: App Customization Specialist!


This is one tricky badge!  A few tips before you start clicking:
  1. Read and Label
  2. Highlight when Stuck
  3. Copy / Paste!  Don't type! 

The instructions are intentionally vague, and require understanding the entity diagram in order to tie all of the objects together.  I printed the instructions and went to work, labeling each field by type and object. An example:


On which object should this field be created?
What type of field?
I wrote down these details next to every field before clicking!

  • Example: Shift Start Time
  • Type: Date/Time. Object: Volunteer Shift.
I was confused about several of the fields after reading the instructions. Instead of panicking, I pulled out my highlighter to note the once that were confusing, then took a nap. It is critical to get the initial relationship fields correct! Once you create a field, that relies on another field, modifying the parent field becomes quite difficult.

One final piece of advice: copy and paste!  
In order to pass this challenge, you must have the exact API names to match the instructions.  Copy and Paste from the instructions instead of typing in the field names.  It is an easy solution to avoid hard-to-find errors!  Yes- I made this mistake!  

If you are stuck on step 1, leave a comment, and I'll be happy to help.
Next up- Let's talk about some of the trickier fields!
Our first meeting






Comments

  1. Hi. I'm having a hard time validating the first challenge.
    I created a new org.
    I correctly installed the package.
    Copy and paste all necessary names.
    "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
    There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObjec"
    What could be wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was facing the same issue. Make sure that security settings for Volunteer Organization Status field is correct. Except for System admin profile, other profiles would have both visible and read only permission. Also, make sure that you create a permission set by the name Volunteer Board.

    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm having an issue with the first challenge. I keep getting the error
    "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
    Couldn't find the 'Volunteer Organization Account Page Layout'."
    I have checked multiple times and tried in a different playground too. Nothing seems to solve the issue.
    Where could be going wrong?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Process Automation Specialist Superbadge - 5

A project with Daddy: My favorite daily process! Making dinner for Mom! Tonight's challenge involves the creation of two processes.   Processes.  Have you guessed the theme of the photos that go along with the Trailhead - Process Automation Specialist Superbadge series?They are a few of my favorite day to day processes!  You, my amazing reader, get more than tips for a Salesforce Superbadge.  You also get personal insight into the life of a Trailhead Baby!  I hope that you feel inspired. Process Builder sketch Last night, I drew a rough sketch of my process: Was it pretty?  No. Did it help?  Yes! The sketch allowed me to organize all of the instructions into a reasonable order before I started clicking.  It also removed the approval steps from Process Builder and highlighted (with *'s) the prerequisite items to building my process. * Email Alerts I needed the Email Alerts set up before I could create either the process or ...

Einstein Analytics Data Preparation Specialist Superbadge - 1,2,3

Hello all! It's time for another superbadge! I started this superbadge a long time ago... it's time to finish it!  My goal is to complete this badge before my little brother starts to walk.  He's getting close... Step 1 - A quiz.  You're on your own! Step 2- This is one checkbox in setup.  You're on your own! Step 3- Let's talk about that.... Dataflow. The best tool to use when crafting your dataflow is the data monitor.  It can help troubleshoot issues to find which part of the process needs some work. For example.... Why were rows not created? The problem? A box was checked that should not be checked.... The alias name was not correct for the "register" node. Once you see that beautiful green "Success" message, it's time to check the challenge.  Do not be discouraged if you get a few error messages.  This superbadge is EXTREMELY picky on syntax.  A few common errors: You can see this error and st...

Security Superbadge -2

Challenge 2: Record-Level Security Settings I created the three user profiles last time, so the starting point tonight was the next tier of security - roles.  I set up the roles per the provided org chart, making sure to follow the opportunity restrictions from the directions. Next, I set up the required user and assigned her to the correct profile and role. Hint:   Use a real email address for Samantha Cordero.  You will need to login as Samantha in order to create an opportunity for her.  While you are at it, go ahead and login to Salesforce1 as Samantha. Once Salesforce1 is enabled, you can set up the appropriate permissions.  You may want to take take a peek at a Salesforce Knowledge Article .   Me - as a Project Manager. Next, I addressed the special role - Project Managers Project Managers require a role, permission set, and a  sharing rule.  Whew! For the final step, I set up the remaining sharing rules in     ...